The City Secretary for the City of Muleshoe is appointed by the City Manager and responsible for a variety of duties. Responsibilities of the City Secretary include:
- Prepare and post City Council Meeting Agendas.
- Attend all City Council meetings and work sessions to record the minutes of such proceedings.
- Certify and attest to all official City documents.
- Administer all regular and special municipal elections.
- Codification of City Ordinances.
- Process public information requests.
- Establish and oversee Records Management Program for all City departments to include maintenance, storage, retention, destruction, and preservations of all City documents.
- Serve as the City's Chief Financial and Investment Officer and be responsible for payroll, accounts payable, investment records, and financial reporting.
The City Secretary also serves as a link between the public and the City and is dedicated to providing the highest level of respect, integrity, and professionalism to all who have dealings with the City of Muleshoe.
Informative and Helpful Links:
Local Government Code
Open Meetings Act, Open Records Act
Texas Election Code
Texas Ethics Commission
CONFLICT OF INTEREST QUESTIONNAIRE
For vendor or other persons doing business with local governmental entity