Code Compliance/ Animal Control

The Code Department operates under the supervision of the Police Department and regulates the keeping of domestic animals, fowl and vicious animals. This department enforces State laws and City ordinances concerning rabies vaccination, code compliance matters, junk vehicles, high weeds, registrations and the number of domestic animals per household, in addition to various other related matters. It promotes and maintains an adoption program for unclaimed animals in addition to their impoundment and care. This department also investigates bite/scratch incidents, with the possibility of quarantine of the animals involved. It also provides education and promotes the responsible care of all animals, as well as the health and safety of the community through code compliance.

For code compliance or animal control concerns, please call 806/272-7462 or email Code Compliance Investigator Jon Page at to report these. 

Area Enhancement Request.pdf

City of Muleshoe Police Badge