Gary R. McHone, Police Chief
The City of Muleshoe Police Department is a recognized law enforcement agency through the Texas Police Chief's Association Best Practices Recognition Program. This program evaluated our Department's compliance with over 166 best practices for Texas law enforcement agencies.
These best practices cover all aspects of law enforcement operations including use of force, protection of citizen rights, vehicle pursuits, property and evidence management, and patrol operations.
The MPD is comprised of the following divisions:
Patrol,Investigations,Communications/Records, & Code Compliance. Each division works cooperatively to provide a high level of service for residents and visitors to our community.
MPD also offers various community policing programs, in which we strive to enhance our community interaction and relationships through these programs. Checkout our community programs page for more information.
Mission Statement of the Muleshoe Police Department
Muleshoe Police Department, is committed to the true spirit of Courtesy, Service and Protection, and strive to do so by:
- The enforcement of City Ordinances, the Laws of this State, and of the United States, without bias or prejudice while affording dignity and respect to every individual;
- Providing for a safe and secure community that will enhance the quality of life for our citizens.
- Pursuing community based partnerships built on the highest level of service and ethical standards possible; and
- Maintaining proactive preventive, investigative, and enforcement services as we meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- In achieving our mission, we may endure many personal sacrifices, but willfully and profoundly do so, so that we may serve and protect our community.
Thank you for visiting our webpage, we hope the information we provided was helpful.