The City of Muleshoe Police Department is seeking qualified applicants who are professional, pro-active, and have a strong sense of committment and service to the community. Applications are being accepted for the following:
Police Officer ( Salary Range: $31,500.00-$42,582.84 annually DOQ)
Police/ Fire/ 911 Dispatcher ( Salary Range: $27,040.00 - $34,163.59 annually DOQ)
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must either have a current Texas Peace Officer License or Telecommunicator License or be able to become certified through TCOLE.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED certificate.
- Must have an Honorable Discharge from the military (if applicable).
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of a police officer or communications officer.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be able to work day, evening, or night shifts as needed.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Must submit and pass an extensive background investigation, psychological examination, drug screen, and comprehensive interview & assessment process. All paperwork submitted for processing becomes the property of the Muleshoe Police Department. Must not have any of the Department’s automatic disqualifiers :
Police Department Applicant Disqualifiers
- TMRS Retirement, 7% 2:1 Match, 20 years, vested after 5 years ( Potential credit for military and restricted prior service)
- Certfication Pay: ($500 annually for Intermediate, $1000 annually for Advanced, $1500 annually for Master )
- City Paid Employee Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Take home vehicle program
The City of Muleshoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download Employment Application