Election Day - May 2, 2020
Día de elección 2 de Mayo
City of Muleshoe City Hall ~ 215 S 1st ~ Muleshoe, TX 79347
Filing Dates for Application for Place on Ballot ~ January 15, 2020 thru February 14, 2020 by 5:00pm
Requirements For Filing For a Place on the Ballot
- Candidates for Mayor or Council Member shall file for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code as amended.
- Candidates for Mayor or Council Member shall meet the following qualifications:
- Be a qualified voter in the City and State at the time of taking office.
- Be a resident of the City.
- Have resided continuously in the corporate limits of the City for six (6) months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- Not be in violation of any provision in the Charter.
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election.
- Satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office for which they are a candidate.
- No candidate for Mayor or Council Member may file in a single election for more than one (1) office or position as provided by the Charter and state law.
- No employee of the City shall continue in any City employee position after filing for an elective officed provided in the Charter.